The city of Houston continues to honor President George H.W. Bush over the next two days with memorial services at local churches. Drivers should expect road closures at the following locations.
St. Martin’s Episcopal Church at 717 Sage Road from approximately 11 a.m. Wednesday until 1 p.m. Thursday.
- Riverway Drive between Sage Road and South Post Oak Lane will be closed.
- Sage Road between Tangle Lane and Woodway Drive will be closed.
- Woodway Drive between Chimney Rock Road and N. Post Oak Lane will be closed.
- Traveling on Woodway between Chimney Rock and the 610 West Loop will be severely restricted. Only residents and business owners needing access into the area will be allowed beyond road closures.
Second Baptist Church at 6400 Woodway for METRO bus shuttles and security screenings.
- METRO bus shuttles will begin loading at 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday with the first bus scheduled to leave at 5:15 p.m. The last bus will leave at 5:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- Walk-ups will not be allowed for the public ceremony on Wednesday nor the funeral on Thursday.
- Everyone who goes will be screened.
- Photography won’t be allowed.
- No large bags or backpacks.
- Weapons of any kind won’t be allowed.
- The funeral on Thursday will be a private service and by invitation only.
Remember, when you head out, plan your trip in advance by setting aside enough time and reviewing proper routes. As a courtesy, Sutliff & Stout manages Live Houston Traffic Updates for you.
If you or a loved one become involved in an auto accident, it is important to contact a legal expert to help you evaluate your options. Call (713) 987-7111 or send us an email to discuss your car accident injury case