Hank Stout co-founded the Sutliff & Stout Injury & Accident Law Firm with a simple goal. Help real people with real problems. From his roots in small-town West Texas, Hank was taught the value of community, hard work, determination, and fairness from a young age. He continues that legacy through his professional life, representing diverse clients across the Lone Star state.
Since becoming a board-certified personal injury lawyer, Hank has spent the last two decades helping people by navigating them through a complicated legal field. Hank specializes in significant accidents, including 18-wheeler-involved collisions, motorcycle crashes, wrongful death situations, and dozens of niche car accident types.
Every year since 2012, Hank has been named as a Super Lawyer, a distinguish that he wears as a badge of pride. Super Lawyer distinguishment is only awarded to the top 5% of lawyers in each state. Having consistently made the list for over a decade now, the award helps demonstrate Hank’s quality as a lawyer.
Additional recognitions include features by H Magazine and Houstonia Magazine as one of Houston’s top personal injury lawyers. Recognition as a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Elite Lawyers, and a perfect 10.0 rating from AVVO are just a few of the other distinguishments Hank has earned.
While Hank appreciates of this recognition, he is most proud of what his former clients have to say about him and how he has been able to help them in their time of need.
Through the successful opening of this firm, and the successful outcomes of hundreds of cases locally and state-wide, Hank remains committed to giving back to his community. Each year, Hank and the firm promote an anti-DUI initiative, offering cab/ride-share rides for community members on holidays. The firm has also sponsored and given to various regional charities and organizations over our years of operation.
While not representing his clients in the court of law, or preparing for a case, Hank is at home with his wife and children, whom he loves dearly.
Honors and Awards
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certification in Personal Injury Trial Law
- Texas Super Lawyers – Thomson Reuters – 2014 – 2023
- Texas Super Lawyers (Rising Stars) – Thomson Reuters – 2012, 2013, 2014
- “Superb” Rating by Avvo – 2013 – 2023
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Houston Top Lawyers – H Magazine – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Houston Top Lawyer – Houstonia Magazine – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Board Member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Law Review Member, South Texas College of Law
- Member, Best Attorneys of America
If you would like to see the types of results Hank has been able to obtain for his clients, please click here.