Our fast-paced Galleria-area personal injury law firm is looking for a long-term, full-time legal secretary to join our team. This integral role ensures that our busy firm maintains efficiency and professionalism at all times. In addition to standard front office responsibilities, the legal secretary will provide administrative support to three attorneys and two paralegals as needed.
- Answering telephones
- New and potential client intake
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Uploading and saving documents to our cloud-based system
- Ordering medical records/crash reports
- Managing calendars/travel arrangements of attorneys and clients
- Greeting potential and current clients
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents
- Managing and submitting invoices to accounts payable department in a timely manner
- Filing court documents through the courts’ electronic filing system
- Maintaining the office conference rooms, filing room and office supplies
Preferred skills include:
- At least five years of prior legal secretary experience
- Experience with multi-line telephone systems
- Typing minimum of 50 wpm
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing skills
- Proper telephone and professional office etiquette
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently with little supervision
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Benefits: Medical coverage, paid vacation and retirement plan offered.
Salary: $35,000-$42,500 depending on experience.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.