How to Get a Dallas Police Accident Report
If you were involved in a car accident and the Dallas Police Department was the reporting party, you can obtain a copy of the Dallas car accident report.
There are a couple of ways of getting a copy of the Dallas accident report, you may either go in person or request it by mail.
We’ll get your DPD accident report for you.
Just provide the details of your accident, and we’ll do our best to track down your Dallas accident report and email it to you.
*This service is available to anyone involved in a collision that needs help getting their crash report. This service is not available to other law firms or insurance companies.
Receive Your Dallas Car Accident Report In-Person
If you choose to obtain a copy of the Dallas accident report in person you will need to head to the Dallas Police Department customer service window which is located at 1400 S. Lamar St. Dallas, Texas 75215.
In order to obtain a copy there are few things that are required to receive your accident report:
- You must provide a name of any party involved in the accident
- Provide the location or date of where the accident occurred
- We recommend providing a police service number to help speed up the process of obtaining the Dallas accident report
- Dallas accident reports cost $6 when picking up in person
Also, Dallas accident reports will not be readily available immediately after the accident occurs. Instead, accident reports are usually available within 5 to 7 business days after the accident occurs. To find out if your Dallas car accident report is available to call 214-671-3345.
Request Your Dallas Car Accident Report by Mail
You may also receive the report by mail. Here, you will need to mail a check or money order of $6 to:
Dallas Police Department Open Records Unit
- 1400 S. Lamar St.
- Dallas, Texas 75215
A few important notes about obtaining an accident report:
- Reports cannot be given out over the phone and must be done in person or by mail
- Dallas accident reports can become a substantial piece of evidence when filing a personal injury claim. If you suffered injuries from a Dallas accident and are seeking financial compensation from medical bills, our team of lawyers recommends submitting a free case review Our team will listen to the details of your case and give you sound advice on seeking the best option following a Dallas car accident injury.