How to Get Your Car Accident Report in The Woodlands, TX
If you were recently involved in a car accident in The Woodlands, TX area and the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office was responsible for filling out the car accident report, you have a couple of options to obtain a copy.
Your options include:
- In-person at the Montgomery County Sheriffs Office
- Online through the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
A car accident report (often referred to as a crash report) can be an important piece of evidence if you choose to seek compensation from injuries sustained after a car accident.
The Woodlands Car Accident Reports Online
There are a couple of ways to receive a copy of your car accident report online.
If you choose to get your Woodlands car accident report online, you will need to get it through the Montgomery Sheriff’s Office website. You will need to provide the following information:
- Date of the request
- Date of the accident
- Type of incident (i.e., car accident)
- Where the accident was located
- Information type (what information is needed, not the reason it is needed)
- Your full name
- Current email address
- Driver’s license or I.D. number & issuing state
- Phone number
- Delivery preference (mail, fax, or pick-up)
However, you can also get a copy of The Woolands car accident report through the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Requesting a copy of the crash report can be found here.
Keep in mind, the TxDOT collects crash reports from every law enforcement agency in Texas so it might take several days before your car accident report is available.
We’ll get your car accident report from The Woodlands For You
Just provide the details of your accident, and we’ll do our best to track down your car accident report from The Woodlands, TX and email it to you.
*This service is available to anyone involved in a collision that needs help getting their crash report. This service is not available to other law firms or insurance companies.
Pick-up Your Woodlands Car Accident Report In-Person
You also have the option to head to the Montgomery Sheriff’s Office Record Division department to obtain a copy of your accident report. The Records Division is located at:
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Records Division
#1 Criminal Justice Drive
Conroe, TX 77301
The Records Division is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. It is also a good idea to give them a call ahead of time to make sure they have a copy of your Woodlands car accident report available.
Important Information Regarding The Woodlands Car Accident Reports
- Wooldand car accident reports usually take up to 10 business days before they are availble to be requested, whethe online or in-person
- If you received a Driver’s Crash Report (Blue Form or Form CR-2) you should retain a copy of this report because this will serve as the official car accident report
- Driver’s Crash Reports can no longer be received from the TxDot website
- Copies of The Woodlands car accident reports are $6, you may also receive a certified copy for $8
- If you suffered injuries from a car accident in The Woodlands, TX area or Montgomery county you should not hesitate to take advantage of a free case review from our Texas Injury Lawyers