How to Get your Plano Police Department Car Accident Report
If you were recently involved in a car accident in Plano, TX then you have the right to speak with a Plano car accident lawyer to see if you can receive compensation. You will need to purchase an accident or “crash” report from the Plano Police Department.
What’s the Difference between an Officer’s Crash Report and the Blue Form?
There is an important difference between a Texas Peace Officers Crash Report and a Driver’s Crash Report. The Texas Peace Officers Crash Report occurs when a police officer is present to file the report and damages exceed $1,000.
The Driver’s Crash Report (also known as “The Blue Form”) occurs when there is not a police officer present and the driver is the one responsible for filing the report and damages appear to be more than $1,000.
Receive your Plano Accident Report In-person
There are two locations where you can obtain a copy of your Plano police accident report.
The first location is at the Plano Police Department located at either 909 14th St Plano, TX 75074 (show me). Their office hours are Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm, and Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm. Or, you can get a Plano accident report from the City of Plano’s Joint-Use Facility 7501-A Independence Pkwy, Plano, TX 75025 (show me).
Their office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
Or, we’ll get your PPD accident report for you.
Just provide the details of your accident, and we’ll do our best to track down your Plano accident report and email it to you.
*This service is available to anyone involved in a collision that needs help getting their crash report. This service is not available to other law firms or insurance companies.
Keep in mind, that it may be uncertain whether or not they have your Plano accident report on file. So, it would be a good idea to give them a call at 972-941-2077.
Receive your Plano Accident Report Online
Another option to get a copy of your Plano accident report is to find it online. Here, you will need to provide at least two pieces of information:
- Last name of a person involved in the accident
- Date of the accident
- Street of where the accident occurred
- Report number (optional)
- Your name (optional)
- Involvement in the accident (optional)
Some Important Notes About Plano Accident Reports:
- Plano car accident reports cost $6; online or in-person
- If you are requesting a copy of your report online be sure to have the latest version of Adobe Reader downloaded before completing your purchase
- Crash reports play an important role when filing a personal injury claim. If you suffered injuries as a result of your Plano car accident, we suggest that you take advantage of free case review from one of our Plano injury attorneys. Our team of legal professionals will listen to the details of your case and give you honest, qualified advice as to your best options for maximum financial recovery